Saturday, January 7, 2012

Life update part 1 and Hexipuff Fever *Picture Intensive*

Well, it's been nearly a year since my last update, and I have to apologize! I can't believe how quickly the time's gone...a lot has happened in the last 12 months!

First some good news, and adorable-ness...
My yarn guardian Daisy got a baby brother! An English Mastiff named Buddha, he was the last present from my husband I ever got. He was born 12/27/2010, and is now just over a year. Enjoy a few cutsey pictures of my baby boy showing his growth. Last time we went to the vet he weighed in at just over 150lbs and he's not done growing yet!
Meet Buddha at 4 weeks! His face just says 'ain't I a stinker?'
Buddha with Daisy at 8 weeks the night he came home.
6 Months, his head is bigger than mine!
He was so tiny and adorable!


6 months, loading him in the car in June.

8 1/2 months, with my 6'4" baby brother
ETA : that's not blood on my brother's face, I swear! He worked at a haunted house all through October (when this picture was taken) and the makeup never came off well because he'd get home at 2-3 am and do a really half baked job at washing up!


Now the bad news, the DH decided to leave, which explains a good deal of my lack of interest in art of any kind for a while. Bu~ut, I've been bit by the knitting bug once again, and joined the hexipuff craze!

That's right, I'm knitting The Beekeeper's Quilt!







My very first hexipuff turned out way better than I'd expected, considering I've done no knitting for a year, and I misread the pattern information on the increases...^_^;;;








I've done two a day so far (started 1/5). I figure two a night, I'll have a giant blanket in December. Theoretically. It takes me about 30 minutes to knit up one, so I can build up some extras on the weekends, like I'm doing today.


I'll be back soon with another new post, I have a lot to update! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment