Thursday, September 27, 2012

Been a while, huh?

Well... I guess it's been a while, hasn't it? ^_^;

I've accomplished quite a bit since the last time this blog was updated! The header has obviously changed, and yes, I've been bit by the cosplay bug. But knitting will still be featured, no worries! ^_^

Life has been absolutely crazy, between my grandma passing, my ex leaving, my moving into a new house, and a new roommate, my head is still sorta spinning. Bu~ut, I have pictures to prove I haven't been lazy, ladies and gents!


 
My Buddha has gotten huge! And he's still growing. He's near to 200lb now, and stands on his hind legs as tall as my 6'4" brother! He's the biggest baby in the world, and he and Daisy are so good together. I couldn't have asked for a better pair of dogs than them.





Then we have my knitting update!

Yes, it seems I got bit by the Catkin bug as well. A friend and I are doing a private little KAL to kick ourselves into gear on these shawls. Now I want to knit another one! XD This was started last week Monday, 9/17/12, and I'm halfway into the last chart now.

Knit on size 4 Addi lace needles, in Madeline Tosh - Composition Book and Dragonfly Fibers Pixie - That Ol' Chestnut, this is so squishable and warm and just amazing. The nerd I am, I'm already planning a second one (all in MadTosh this time I think) in green and gold with black buttons... you'll understand the nerd reference in my next post, I promise!

The charts for Catkin aren't difficult. They're time consuming until you pick up the rhythm, because yes, there is a simple pattern to this whole thing, if you're smart (not me!). The garter stripe section goes by in a flash, and so far, the last chart is going super smoothly. That middle chart with the chevron pattern was a bit time consuming and tricky, but well worth it.

Since it's gettin chilly here in the northern Illinois, and we work with the front door open till January (no fooling) I can't wait to get this baby off the needles and on my shoulders! And I can't wait for it to get colder, because my house has a fireplace, guys! Knitting in front of a fire, around Christmas time? Oh I can't wait!

To cap off this update post, I leave you with this image set :


 Yep, I got my first tattoo. I've wanted one for forever, I love the idea of art, especially something I had a large part in designing, being with me forever. But I'm a coward when it comes to needles... unfortunately, my grandma dying was the catalyst that brought this piece about. Done by Dan at Private Ink in Libertyville, IL. It took about 4 hours worth of work but it was worth it. Dedicated to the memory of Joyce, one of the most badass women I've ever had the honor to know, on the outside of my arm is her birthday, the inside is the day she passed (unfortunately also my brother's 18th birthday...) and the ribbon has her initials, J.A.B. This is an absolutely addictive art form, and I already have many many more planned out. How bout you guys? Anyone else out there sporting some ink?

No comments:

Post a Comment